There’s a real reshuffling of the deck going on with Goodluck Jonathan over the past couple of weeks. The latest being the Minister of Sports, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi being sacked with less than 100 days to the commencement of the Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup. Talk about perfect timing.
Dr. Tamuwo Danago will immediately replace Abdullahi, and there have also been 10 other ministers sworn in to replace others that were let go a couple of weeks ago.
A total of 11 ministers took oaths of office at the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa, Abuja and were assigned new portfolios. The new ministers below:
- Lawrencia Laraba Mallam — Minister of Environment
- Dr. Tamuno Danagogo — Minister of Sports
- Hajia Asabe Asmau Ahmed — Minister of State Agriculture
- Senator Musiliu Obanikoro — Minister of State Defence
- Mohammed Wakil — Minister of State Power
- Alhaji Abduljelili Adesiyan — Minister of Police Affairs
- Ambassador Aminu Wali — Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Mrs. Akon Eyakenyi —Minister of Land and Housing
- Gen. Aliyu Gusau — Minister of Defence
- Boni Haruna — Minister of Youth Development
- Dr. Khaliru Alhassan — Minister of State Health